Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekending: Mother's Day Edition

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful women in my life!!  I hope you have had a wonderful day!

I have had a busy, fun weekend, starting yesterday with a 10k that I did with some girlfriends.  I hadn't planned to run in this particular race, but a friend of mine had to back out last minute and asked if I wanted to take her spot.  I have been running very casually as of late, so I thought it would be a fun thing to do to push myself.  It definitely pushed me, but it was so fun to cross the finish line with girlfriends.  Don't you feel like accomplishing hard things are better with friends by your side?

Ryan and the kids have been very sweet today, making sure that I do nothing but be a lazy person. :)  I was treated to breakfast in bed, and after church this morning, the boys ran home quickly so that by the time I walked in the door, they had lunch all ready.  They were so excited and proud of themselves for this service.  After an early afternoon nap (!) we loaded the kids up and headed over to Hoyt Arboretum for an afternoon hike.  It's been in the 80s this weekend, and it's pretty much impossible to stay inside when the sun is streaming through the windows.   The trails around the Arboretum are all named for the different groups of trees along those trails, so it's not only beautiful and relaxing, it is also quite educational.  Julia was probably my favorite little person to see experience this hike, as she was just so curious.  Her chubby little fingers were constantly reaching up and out, trying to touch every branch she encountered. 












Not the best family picture, but I'll take them when I can get them!

I'm looking forward to wrapping up the day on the couch with Ryan as we watch the season finale of our favorite show - Survivor.  Are any of you Survivor fans?  Who do you think will win?

No comments: