Monday, May 7, 2012

A good {school} day

There are a lot of perks to homeschooling, and one of the top in my mind is having the ability to create a flexible schedule.  The sun is shining on us again, and seeing as though we spend so much time indoors during the winter months,  I have no problem adjusting our schedule on a sunny day.  Instead of jumping right into school this morning, we grabbed our bikes and headed out for a long, leisurely ride.  It was so refreshing to take in Spring all around us.  Being out in nature is so rejuvenating!

As we were riding home, my thoughts turned to this article that I read recently and decided that task #2 for the day would be teaching Brayden to mow the lawn. To my surprise, he seemed to genuinely enjoy the task and even asked if he could trade his vacuuming duty for mowing the lawn.  How about vacuuming duty and mowing the lawn? ;) [insert evil laugh]



The second half of the day was was just as enjoyable as the first half and outside of daily piano practice and Julia's nap, the boys and girls spent the rest of the day outside.  As I watched the boys haul their school stuff to the backyard, I couldn't help but think how much I would have loved to do my schoolwork outside when I was a kid.  Doesn't sunshine make everything more fun?!

 


This evening, knowing that Ryan was working late, I dropped the boys at baseball practice and headed straight to our favorite park with the girls to soak in the last rays of the day.  I dare say that it was very close to a perfect day and it's days like today that make me thankful to homeschool and to have 4 little friends to play and learn with me.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: