Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pillowcase Nightgown

Summertime is almost here which means its time to swap out warm winter jammies for something that will keep my kids cool on those warm winter nights.

Charlotte loves to wear nightgowns in the summer, but the last couple of years I have really struggled to find simple, cute, affordable nightgowns. 

Enter this tutorial by iCandy Handmade.  My friend Meg tipped me off to this tutorial and she and I were able to make a little sewing night out of it and whip up one of these for each of our girls.  These particular pillowcases were $5 for a two-pack at Ross and the stretch lace trim was $1.49/yd at a local fabric store.  I used roughly a yard and a half of stretch lace trim for each nightgown. The nightgowns ended up costing about $5 each and I am so happy at how easy and fun they were to make!




The face I wanted her to make...
The face she wanted to make :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

first, how did she become so grown up!? she is beautiful, just stunning. second, i need to open my sewing maching i got for my birthday...and make several of these! love love them. well done my friend.